PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Dubai, U.A.E

sujeemini
04-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Hello Everyone!

Some unexpected family events took me away from the sound last year in August. I have now settled down in UAE since I got my new job in January. I left the country with just bags, but did somehow was lucky to bring my car with me.

Clearing customs was easy. I'm just having trouble getting it registered with my modifications. But should be able to take care of it all soon, and explore UAE with my MINI.

I had a great time every time I was able to make it to one of your meets. And some of you have even been very supportive when I had tough times with my car. So that you so much for all of that. If any of you do decided to come to this part of the world and wish to tour Dubai in a MINI, feel free to drop me a message. You can always email me on maxevo@gmail.com or send a PM here.

Here's Oliver clearing customs. My friend even made a cake to welcome him :)http://psmini.org/forum/uploads/2092/10170801_10152294077497254_170345376_n.jpg

http://psmini.org/forum/uploads/2092/1002664_10152296596617254_1363200997_n.jpg

mikesminirox
04-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Hey Max

Good to here from you. Hope all is well.

Mike N Rox

SMOG
04-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Question, how do you get into a car that is black in that blazing hot desert if you cannot touch it? Air conditioned garage??

Chili-S
04-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Hi Max,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you were able to bring Oliver with you. Is there anything close to twisty roads around there?

spcnedle
04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
So good to hear from you Max! It was great that you were able to get your car over there. Enjoy your time over there!

sujeemini
04-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Thanks Mike! I'm doing well thanks. Getting adjusted to the new life for now. Thank you again for all the tip and trick you showed me over the years. Learned a ton about Minis through you.

Hey Max

Good to here from you. Hope all is well.

Mike N Rox

sujeemini
04-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Actually it isn't that bad these days. The weather is quite cool around here. It only gets hot from May though August. That's when one runs from A/C to an A/C. I did that quite a bit last August. Just have to make sure to keep my A/C tuned up.

But overall it isn't that bad. Everywhere I go there's covered parking. So that helps quite a bit :) And the mechanics are cheap here. Especially body shops. Its only going to cost me $200 to paint my front bumper and hood to get rid of my rock chips. But things aren't that any different at the BMW/MINI dealers. Prices are the same as it is in the US.

Question, how do you get into a car that is black in that blazing hot desert if you cannot touch it? Air conditioned garage??

sujeemini
04-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Well not as much as the Sound. Buy there are quite a few by the cost. But many roundabouts as in Washington. There are many race tracks here which have free to low fee open track days. So it makes up for the lack of curves.

Hi Max,

Nice to hear from you. Glad you were able to bring Oliver with you. Is there anything close to twisty roads around there?

sujeemini
04-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Thank you Jen!

So good to hear from you Max! It was great that you were able to get your car over there. Enjoy your time over there!