Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Shop Talk > Maintenance and Repair

Maintenance and Repair A place to discuss issues with maintenance and repairs for your Mini or MINI, or problems you might be experiencing.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:22 AM
SSMINI Forum Member

Opinion on Extended No-Cost Mainteance?

Hopefully picking up my 2016 MINI this coming weekend. Dealer is pushing an extended no-cost maintenance (6 yrs/100,000 mi) for $2500. This isn't the same as an extended warranty.

When I asked the dealer whether I could add it later was told "buy it now (of course) because MINI is 'removing key elements such as brakes', from the package". (Seems hard to believe since why would anyone actually buy that add-on if they do.)

$2500 is a little tough to swallow. Anyone have any insight in to whether this is worth it or not?

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2016, 04:49 PM
SSMINI Founder | President | Events Coordinator

Garage
It's a bit more than when I bought our Roadster ($1750 if I remember right), but I think it's well worth it if things happen after the normal warranty expires... and they do happen.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:13 AM
SSMINI Member

Garage
Research the parts that are likely to fail in the time frame you are considering and then price out the cost of the parts and their install.

I have 2 MINI's and one had the extended maintenance and one not. Did not need it and the only thing that was done to either of them was covered under warranty and part of a recall.

Don't get your MINI's oil changed at a quick lube sort of place. Do it yourself or have a mechanic who is versed in German automobiles, ie, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, change your oil.

This obviously is one man's opinion so take it for what its worth.