Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Shop Talk > Maintenance and Repair

Maintenance and Repair A place to discuss issues with maintenance and repairs for your Mini or MINI, or problems you might be experiencing.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:37 AM
SSMINI Forum Member

Independent Mini Shop

Looking for an indy repair/MOD shop in the south end. I'm planning to have some suspension work done on my car. Not sure if I will go with coil overs or Koni yellow shocks. I assumed that since I purchased a JCW that I was purchasing JCW suspension as well. Turns out that I don't have JCW suspension in my R58. Also planning on a Forge or Helix intercooler.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 AM
SSMINI Member | Officer-at-Large

Garage
I use Foreign Auto Works in Olympia, they service all import vehicles and specialize in European cars.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:25 PM
SSMINI Forum Member

Thanks Pinky.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:45 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
I have the Helix Intercooler and I like it! MC2 has just announced that they are changing the Forge Intercooler on their project car to a Helix IC for more efficiency and to see if the install is easier than the Forge. I had zero problems installing the Helix. If you are competent at removing/replacing plastic parts then the swap is easy.

Yeah, JCW does not mean you have the suspension to match; sad, deceptive sales and marketing. But the bright side is you can put better suspension under you car than get from MINI. I was very disappointed with the "Sport Suspension", rode way to rough for what was necessary. I switched springs and shocks/struts and sway bars. Wow, it handles like a gokart now! After doing the front struts you will need an alignment and I recommend MINI Northwest since they have the best tools and experience for doing that from my limited experience point of view.

Have fun with the Mods :-)

Last edited by SMOG; 08-07-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added information