Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Salish Sea MINI > SSMINI Happenings > Track Talk

Track Talk The place to discuss spirited driving on and off the track including autocross, driving schools and high performance driving events, techniques, and related questions

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
SSMINI Founder | President | Events Coordinator

Garage
Pacific Northwest Historics

I would like to see how much interest there is in attending this year's historic races that benefit Children's Hospital in Seattle.

The 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo is being celebrated and we have an opportunity to be part of the club corral to display our cars and talk to those attending the races. We may also be able to participate in parade laps during the lunch break. The cost to be in the corral is $5.00 over the cost of admission (car and driver) - passengers are only need to pay the normal cost of admission.

If you would like to attend on July 3rd (Saturday), please RSVP for the event on the club's calendar. I need to know as soon as possible for registration purposes. We are limited to 20 Minis/MINIs in the corral.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
SSMINI Founder

Thanks for posting this Ron. It looks interesting, will have to give it some consideration even though it is on a big family holiday weekend for us.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:24 AM
SSMINI Forum Member

Garage
If you have any interest in vintage racecars and really nice folks, this is a great day. Usually when you see these cars, they're sitting still (car show, LeMay, etc). It's AMAZING to see them actually lapping at speed. Bring your camera because photo ops are endless. My dad and I used to attend the races at SIR in the '60s when they weren't "vintage". (does that mean I'm getting old?) If we don't get enough interest for a corral, we'll likely be there on Saturday anyway, and would be glad to have a group of MINIs with us.

2012 Boss 302
2012 Shelby GT500
Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Garage
I'm ready to send in the registration for the Northwest Historic Car Corral on Saturday July 3rd. Besides Chili-S (hopefully out of the shop by then), Kristin, Mark (KoolBlu and MiniTarten) and Pete have RSVP'd for the event.

Let me know if others are interested in participating and showing off our Mini/MINIs to the racing fans. Cost is $30.00 for car and driver plus $25.00 for passengers. I need to know if you plan to be there by tomorrow (June 8) at the latest to send in the registration.

I will pick up the initial registration cost and you can pay me at the track. We will also be setting up a club information booth at the corral. Here's the link to the RSVP.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 PM

Garage
The registration for the Car Corral is in and the tickets are in the mail. Bill Hardrath, the coordinator for the Corral, is the proud owner of a Clubman (something to haul his dogs in) and may join us.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:50 AM
SSMINI Forum Member

Garage
That's great, Ron. Maybe the rain will stop by then. Wonder what kind of dogs Bill is hauling in that Clubman.

2012 Boss 302
2012 Shelby GT500
Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 AM
SSMINI Member | Treasurer

Garage
Chihuahuas. Definitely.

2005 DS/B MCS Phydeaux <--> WA Plate - "2AAREQD" (gone)
2012 RG/B MCs Countryman All4 <--> WA Plate - "RLRCSTR" (gone)
2015 DB/B F56s <--> WA Plate "RLRCSTR"
Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 AM
SSMINI Forum Member

I have 3 greyhounds. The Mini is kind of close quarters for all of them but 2 fit nicely

Bill