Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Shop Talk > Do-it-Yourself Reference

Do-it-Yourself Reference A collection of DIY procedures for those projects you want to do on your own

Old 06-20-2011, 06:31 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DneprDave View Post
The hose and sending unit are pretty close to the same position as in the second photo in post 10. I tucked and tie wrapped the hose and sender under the radiator support that runs around the driver's side of the engine compartment to the strut tower. The hose bends around in front of the radiator surge tank, only a few inches of the hose are visible between the surge tank and the Cravenspeed adapter. I wrapped the pressure sender in dense packing foam to prevent rattles. I have a ground wire hose clamped to the base of the sender. All the grounds return to the engine ground lug on the center front the engine, it is mostly concealed under the plastic cover over the spark plug wires. The wires for the senders are inside corrugated cable sheathing and follow the hydraulic hose and then on to the spark plug wire cover, with wires to the senders branching off at each sender.

I went out to take a picture, but I couldn't see enough of the installation for a good photo.

Dave
Thanks Dave! Wire ties to the framework/braces work pretty well.

On the 2011 engine the oil sending unit is on the oil filter mount, really buried on the front of the engine, sort of under the turbo but a bit toward the drivers side.

Stephen