Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Shop Talk > Mods and Upgrades

Mods and Upgrades The place to discuss any type of modifications to you MINI including Interior, exterior, tires, wheels or performance related information.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
Sprint Booster

My UniChip gave out on me a month or so ago so I have been back to the stock ecu settings. It made me remember what a lag there was in throttle response, especially on an R50 CVT. I decided to give the Sprint Booster a try after reading several threads on NAM and the MC2 article.

It arrived last night which was perfect timing because I had to drive to Hood River today to give a presentation. Installation was simple. You just slide the gas pedal off, disconnect the harness, then clip in the Sprint Booster, and slide the gas pedal back on.

I noticed immediate improvement. The car now takes off when I start pushing the gas pedal instead of the lag I had been experiencing. I know a custom tune helps overcome much of the lag for an R53, but I would highly recommend this for the others out there that have opted for the supercharger/turbo delete mod (my fellow Team Justa Cooper members.

Mitch
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 AM
SSMINI Member

Garage
sounds like a great buy!