Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Shop Talk > Mods and Upgrades

Mods and Upgrades The place to discuss any type of modifications to you MINI including Interior, exterior, tires, wheels or performance related information.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:34 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
What is it?

I noticed that there was a hose barb with noting on it, a hose clip with nothing in it that was connected to the air box, and a hose that just hangs and goes nowhere, and I believe it is all courtesy of NW MINI. A factory recall mod?? Sure looks weird. I was installing a modified Hotlink when I spotted this stuff. Notice the OEM plastic fitting is as large as the pipe I am showing where as the hose barb provided by Cravenspeed is much smaller, thus restricting flow. I opted to tap out the Hotlink for larger fittings!

UPDATE: That hose barb to nowhere appears to be a devious plug! I got a bright lamp on it fro what would be the open end and discovered it was plugged. So I took a mirror to the bottom dangling hose and it is open, but it is swollen indicating that something was there at one point in time.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2446.jpg   IMG_2448.jpg   IMG_2449.jpg   IMG_2447.jpg   IMG_2451.jpg  

Last edited by SMOG; 08-25-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Edited for more text and info
Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
More photos of that Hotlink Mod.

You can clearly see how much smaller the hose barb from Cravenspeed is compared to the OEM fitting. Seems like an automatic transmission restriction to cooling to me.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2450.jpg   IMG_2452.jpg   IMG_2453.jpg