Go Back   Salish Sea MINI Motoring Club > Lets Motor! > Drive Time

Old 05-30-2011, 07:10 PM
SSMINI Member / Newsletter Editor

Garage
MINI Event on Vashon?

Yesterday while I was working at the Fircrest Home Depot, I met a couple who live on Vashon Island. We got to talking about cars and I mentioned that I drive a MINI Cooper. They said that there was a MINI event on Vashon Island held some time in February or March and that there were about 300 MINI's driving the roads around their home. Does anyone know of such an event? Might be an interesting event
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
SSMINI Founder

PSMini did hold an event at Vashon Island a few months back but it was not anywhere near 300 cars, may have just seem so. It was around two dozen.

The only other event that had MINIs in that area could have been Tulip Ralley in May but that is all cars and yes they did have about 300 entries of which around 50 were MINIs and Minis (classics).

I am sure if there had been a large scale MINI event at Vashon Island, we would have known about it and at least a few would have participated.

Vashon does have some beautiful areas to view and some nice roads.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
SSMINI Founder

Garage
Hmmmmmmm... I've live in Olympia and the PNW for 12 years now and may've been to Vashon once.

Do we have any members who either live on or are familiar with Vashon Island and who might like to plan a run for us over there?

Or, maybe a multi-island run?

The best way to travel between any two points lies along the twisty roads...

Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 PM
SSMINI Forum Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulmini View Post
PSMini did hold an event at Vashon Island a few months back but it was not anywhere near 300 cars, may have just seem so. It was around two dozen.

The only other event that had MINIs in that area could have been Tulip Ralley in May but that is all cars and yes they did have about 300 entries of which around 50 were MINIs and Minis (classics).

I am sure if there had been a large scale MINI event at Vashon Island, we would have known about it and at least a few would have participated.

Vashon does have some beautiful areas to view and some nice roads.
The Tulip Run had us going all over Whidbey this year. We had the chance to see some beautiful roads and views. I'd highly recommend a run up there.

As for Vashon, I'm not aware of any PSMINI event that was down there. Strange to hear since neither SS or PS was in the area.

Todd
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
SSMINI Member

Garage
SAMOA (Seattle Area Mini Owners Association does hold (The Bash on Vashon) later in the summer. But they don't get that many cars. I believe that Don is correct in the Tulip Ralley. That event sponsored by the MG club had over 300 entrants.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
SSMINI Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to phydeaux Send a message via MSN to phydeaux Send a message via Yahoo to phydeaux Send a message via Skype™ to phydeaux
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKart View Post
Hmmmmmmm... I've live in Olympia and the PNW for 12 years now and may've been to Vashon once.

Do we have any members who either live on or are familiar with Vashon Island and who might like to plan a run for us over there?

Or, maybe a multi-island run?
Not incredibly familiar with Vashon, but we've been over there a couple of times. Nice little B&B down on the south end of the island, by Quartermaster Harbor. Some decent little roads out there. And the town of Vashon is kinda quirky.

The Tulip Rally wouldn't have hit Vashon. Coordinating ferry rides for the Tulip rally would be absolutely nuts. Not to mention the multiple hours to get from Mt. Vernon to Vashon Island.

Phydeaux <--> WA Plate - "2AAREQD" (gone)
Countryman All4 <--> WA Plate - "RLRCSTR"